Author(s): Raphael Jean Boulbes
Publisher:Springer International Publishing
This book gives Abaqus users who make use of finite-element models in academic or practitioner-based research the in-depth program knowledge that allows them to debug a structural analysis model. The book provides many methods and guidelines for different analysis types and modes, that will help readers to solve problems that can arise with Abaqus if a structural model fails to converge to a solution. The use of Abaqus affords a general checklist approach to debugging analysis models, which can also be applied to structural analysis.
The author uses step-by-step methods and detailed explanations of special features in order to identify the solutions to a variety of problems with finite-element models. The book promotes:
• a diagnostic mode of thinking concerning error messages;
• better material definition and the writing of user material subroutines;
• work with the Abaqus mesher and best practice in doing so;
• the writing of user element subroutines and contact features with convergence issues; and
• consideration of hardware and software issues and a Windows HPC cluster solution.
The methods and information provided facilitate job diagnostics and help to obtain converged solutions for finite-element models regarding structural component assemblies in static or dynamic analysis. The troubleshooting advice ensures that these solutions are both high-quality and cost-effective according to practical experience.
The book offers an in-depth guide for students learning about Abaqus, as each problem and solution are complemented by examples and straightforward explanations. It is also useful for academics and structural engineers wishing to debug Abaqus models on the basis of error and warning messages that arise during finite-element modelling processing.
Table of contents :
- Front Matter ....Pages i-xxvii
- Front Matter ....Pages 1-1
- Introduction (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 3-15
- Analysis Convergence Guidelines (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 17-23
- Method to Debug a Model (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 25-59
- General Prerequisites (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 61-116
- Front Matter ....Pages 117-117
- Materials (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 119-170
Mesher and Meshing (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 171-226
Contact (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 227-295
- Front Matter ....Pages 297-297
- Troubleshooting in Job Diagnostics (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 299-326
- Numerical Acceptance Criteria (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 327-348
- Need Some Help? (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 349-390
- Hardware or Software Issues (Raphael Jean Boulbes)....Pages 391-405
- Back Matter ....Pages 407-439
DrCAE » Troubleshooting Finite-Element Modeling with Abaqus: With Application in Structural Engineering Analysis